Medical massage therapy differs from relaxation massage as it’s used for patients recovering from surgery, injuries sustained in an accident, or those managing chronic conditions who need muscle rehabilitation.
During treatment, your therapist will use a variety of procedures focused on the areas of the body related to your diagnosis. We work with your prescribing physician to target and treat your specific problem.
Been in an auto accident?
Do you suffer from pain and discomfort due to an auto accident?
Are you looking for a way to naturally manage your condition?
If so, medical massage therapy may be the answer.
Benefits of Medical Massage Therapy
Research has shown massage to be effective in decreasing pain, while increasing flexibility, range of motion as well as boosting immune function.
Whether you are suffering from a chronic condition or injured in an auto accident, a fall on the job, medical massage can help relieve your pain.
It has been shown to:
• Relieve nerve compression or entrapment (pressure on the nerve by soft tissues, cartilage or bone which can contribute to muscle atrophy, referred pain, and other conditions).
• Decreases pain and swelling
• Increases flexibility and range of motion
• Improves posture and coordination
• Calms the nervous system
• Alleviates stress and improves circulation
• Deactivates myofascial trigger points
• Aids in digestion
Effectively dealing with the cause of the problem will improve your everyday life.
When prescribed by a physician, medical massage may be covered by your insurance provider.
Medical Massage services are offered at our Southfield location. For those unable to travel, our therapists can come to you.
Contact us today to learn more.